Wednesday, January 27, 2010

One Down, Three to Go!

Project 1 is officially over! I was stressing out a couple of days ago, but I think the project went well. I feel my layout has a very strong unifying quality and it doesn’t hurt that I am the only person to have done a 4 page spread (a decision I regretted at approximately 4:00am). Regardless, I am happy with how my project came out and I can’t wait to scan my pages and post them for you to see.

The past couple days have been hell. We had Italian in the morning and History in the rain yesterday on almost no sleep which was miserable. I’ve slept about 4 hours total the past 2 nights, which made it very difficult to wake up after a 2 hour nap before jury this afternoon. My neck hurts from leaning over the light table, with which I have once again developed a love/hate relationship over the past week. Love because it makes tracing photographs SO much easier and hate because you still have to spend hours upon hours staring into a glowing white surface that will, I am convinced, drive one insane if exposed for too long a period of time. Thankfully, it’s all over and I have our first study trip to look forward to!

That’s right, on Friday we are leaving for Firenze (Florence for all you Americani) as well as Bologna, Venice, Como, and Milan! I must say I am really excited to begin my grand tour of Italy. I could use some socks though… where the hell do you buy socks in Rome?


-BJC


P.S.: I stumbled across this Italian Industrial Design Firm’s website and I really like some of their stuff. Check it out: http://www.albertodelbiondi.com/jos/

No comments:

Post a Comment